Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend, It Wasn't Too Scary

Well, the best way to start this post would be to wish everyone a belated Happy Halloween.

This past week was not very interesting. I went to class and enjoyed the company of Praha. Most important parts of this week have to be when professors mentioned the up and coming midterms that I will be taking this week and next. I also sat down for a while and tried to figure out a few things that needed attention for next semester back at St. Anselm. It is so very hard to believe that I only have about 6 weeks left in this beautiful city. I have decided that if I could move anything and everything that is a part of my life (people, concrete items, etc.) over to Praha, I would live here for the rest of my life. The truth of the matter is that I miss all of you and, being how moving all of you over here is not an option, I am definitely coming back to the United States (at some point). I can't even think about leaving this city right now, it is too sad to even imagine.

This past weekend was interesting and fun. Friday was a lazy day and we all just kind of hung around. I went out to do a few errands and walk around the city. Friday night we went to a restaurant/pub where they served a bunch of micro-brew beers. We sat and enjoyed beers like Coffee Beer, Banana Beer, etc. A bunch of us shared a few flights and then we called it an early night.

Saturday (Halloween) was a very interesting day. I woke and exercised a bit and then at about 3 in the afternoon the festivities started. My friend Andy and I met up with Jill and Alex and we hung out for a bit. After a couples hours, I was granted to the honor or tattooing everyone with a Sharpie marker if they wants a tattoo. In my opinion, the angel wings and the anchor came out the best, but I'm just saying. We hung around a bit before heading out to a club.

Side Note: Halloween is not a big event over here. The United States has definitely done its part to completely blow the holiday out of proportion.

We found a fun place to enjoy Halloween and then called it a night.

A few friends and I were in total need of something fastfood-like and American to eat the next morning, so we headed out to McDonalds.

Side Note: The three big fast food chains here in Praha are Subway, McDonalds and KFC. I have not eaten at Subway of KFC while here and yesterday was the first day I ate at McDonalds, haha.

It took us 30 minutes to travel across the city by metro to go to McDonalds. We got there, ate, and left for our 30 minute ride back.

I then talked to Jonathan for a while on Instant Messenger and he and I finalized our plans for when he comes to visit and then when I go back to Kenya to stay with him. That is going to be a fun trip. The day ended with some homework.

Now it is Monday, and I totally have a case of the Mondays.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment