Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Weekend Off

I want to apologize for not posting a blog on Sunday or Monday. To be honest, I did not think to write one because I did do much this week, ha. I actually had my first peaceful week in Prague without any traveling. It only took my 2 months to have a peaceful week and weekend, but so goes my life.

So this past week was as basic a week as I could have had in Prague. I went to my first and only course on Monday morning (Czech language), and had the rest of the day to myself. I believe, if I remember correctly, that was the day I posted a Blog about Budapest.

Tuesday came and I enjoyed my day off from classes. I got a lot of school work done and looked into the ever ongoing search for summer internships. Unfortunately, there are some things that followed me here from the states that have to be dealt with, haha. I hung around with some friends, went for a run, and went for a walk through the city to take some pictures for my photography class. All in all a very peaceful day.

Wednesday morning came and I slept in a bit. I went out to exercise.

Side Note: Running in the city gives you so much more stamina and perseverance. The presence of the city makes you feel like...well....like running is actually enjoyable.

I then went to my Financial Crisis Class in the afternoon for 3 hours. The class I can honestly say is less that thrilling, but the subject matter seems to be getting more and more enjoyable. The Economics Professor love talking about the EU (European Union), so any time the subject comes up, the conversation tends to last quite a long time.


The came Thursday. Thursday is the long day of the week. I wake to go to the other half of my Czech Language class for the week. I get out around 10:30, head back to the dorm and go for another run. I then go to my photography class for about 3 hours. The class is always fun and I always enjoy learning new things about photography. After that class, I then have a 15 minute break before returning into the same classroom and same seat within the classroom to sit again for 3 hours through my Recent Economic Development class (aka Communism in Eastern Europe, the ones who got it write, the ones who did it wrong).
The class is very interesting and the professor is a lot of fun to talk with. The class ends around 8:15 and I head back to the dorm to relax for the night.

This past Friday was a new experience for me. I did not have to wake up at some ungodly morning hour to grab a bus or plane to a new land. I was actually able to sleep in and do nothing all day. I woke late, and a few friends and I went shopping to grab supplies for Taco night. I do miss one this in the United States quite a lot, and that is Tacos. Amazing, I know. We prepared dinner and then hung out for the night. It was definitely a lazy Friday.

Saturday I woke to a gloomy day outside. The weather was warm, but all in all, not very exciting. I went out for a walk in the city and tried taking some photos. The weather was not liking that idea though. That night, a few friends and I went out to a restaurant/brewery called Uflecku. The Brewery is known for making an infamous black beer. It is a beer that has not be pasteurized and therefore has a very black essence about it. We ate and drank and I officially found my new favorite beer, haha.

All in all, I had a very good weekend in Prague.

until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment