Friday, September 4, 2009

London, take 2, Munich

Yesterday was our first full day in London. the day started with some breakfast and then everyone in my group proceeded to the tour buses where we would get on the bus and have a nice tour of London. The tour was awesome. We were given the chance to get off the bus at limited times to go and see many of the famous landmarks of London. I was able to see Buckingham Palace, Parliament, Big Ben, the Eye, St. Paul's Church, Millennium Bridge, etc. London is an awesome city, it just happens to be very expensive.

After the bus tour, the Driver dropped us all off and my group for the day and I wandered around and ended up having lunch at a pub and then making our way to St. Paul's. We arrived at St. Paul's and chose to climb all the way to the top of the tower. That was more than a hike and probably not the best of ideas. We then went to the National Gallery and looked at some of the most fantastic paintings in the U.K.'s collection. Once we figured out how to use the Tube (subway), getting around London was not very hard. We then went out to dinner at a Pub just up the street from our hotel and went to sleep early.

I woke at 4 a.m. so that we could leave the hotel at 5 a.m. to get to the airport. Our flight left London today at about 9:10 a.m. and we arrived in Munich, Germany at around noon. I have been hanging around the city for a while and decided to take a break and type this out before our night tour of the city.

Tomorrow we bus down to Prague where I can finally unpack my suitcase and settle in for a few months. I can't wait.

Until Next Time.....

1 comment: